Many people struggle with their weight for various reasons. Most of us have an ideal weight, and there are optimal body compositions (fat and muscle mass %) for longevity for us to strive for. That all being said, I practice health at every size, focusing more on healthy lifestyle habits than the number on the scale. I work to support you in reaching your ideal weight.
The Most Common causes of weight gain:
- Hormone imbalance - ex. Thyroid or adrenal dysfunction - an under active thyroid can cause weight gain or trouble losing weight.
- Emotional tension and stress leading to over or under eating.
- Environmental exposures: Have you heard of obesogens? They are toxins that cause us to gain fat.
- Nutrient deficiencies and poor blood sugar balance leading us to feel hungry or crave carbs, even though our energy intake needs have been met.
THE INITIAL INVESTIGATION May Include
- Assess stress levels (mental, emotional, and physical) and measure adrenal hormone levels and balance.
- Assess potential environmental exposures and measure immune markers as well as levels of toxins in the blood or urine.
- Assess diet and test nutrient levels in blood as well as investigate digestive health through stool analysis or symptom picture.
- Personalized diet plan, including potentially a ketogenic adaptation plan.
- Lifestyle changes to decrease stress along with counseling and personalized mindful eating techniques.
- Nutritional supplements and herbs to support adrenal glands, detox, digestive health, and/or nutrient levels.
- Individualized detox and immune stimulating protocols.