The Most Common CAUSES OF Acute Illness
- Susceptibility to the pathogen. The father of the germ theory himself said that it is not the germ itself, but the terraine that determines if an infection will take hold.
- Immune imbalance caused by chronic inflammation, chronic stress, diet, insomnia, lack of movement, environmental exposures.
- Foods irritating your system, nutrient deficiencies and poor blood sugar balance.
- Acute illness such as the common cold, strep throat, or the flu.
THE INITIAL INVESTIGATION May Include
- Physical exam and history to determine which illness you currently have.
- If you have frequent acute illnesses (more than 6 a year), assessment of underlying factors making you susceptible is appropriate.
- Assess diet and test nutrient levels in blood as well as investigate digestive health.
- In-office hydrotherapy to boost your immune system.
- Diet plan while you are sick to speed healing.
- Nutritional supplements and herbs to support your immune system's ability to fight the infection.